Skip to content

Social Assistance and the Supplementary Allowance

Are you between the ages of 19 and 64, require financial assistance, and live in Yukon? Are you unemployed due to a severe or long-term disability? You may be eligible for Social Assistance and the Supplementary Allowance.

Important information before applying for benefits

You will need a doctor and/or medical professional to fill in the medical forms which are part of some benefits application process (Disability Tax Credit, Canada Pension Plan-Disability and provincial and territorial benefits).

If you do not already have a doctor who knows you, your medical history and how you are impacted in your daily living with a disability, please see below on how to find a doctor who will work with you.

How to find a doctor or nurse practitioner who will work with you

In this section :

  1. Introduction
  2. Eligibility
  3. How to apply
  4. After you apply – approved or denied
  5. Frequently Asked Questions
  6. Resources

Get started

What province are you from?

Knowing your province helps us make this tool the best experience for you.

Important information about benefits for Indigenous Peoples

If you are Indigenous there are many things that affect the benefits you can get and the dollar amounts you can get from them. These include the agreements your band or governing body has with provincial, territorial, and federal governments. Before applying to any benefits, you should speak with your governing body, if applicable.

AFOA Canada and Prosper Canada are currently seeking funding to develop an online tool that serves the needs of Indigenous people living in Canada.