How to apply
Here are the steps you can follow to apply for Income Assistance. Click ‘Start step 1’ at the bottom of this page. This will take you to step one. At the bottom of each page there will be a “Next” button you can click once you have completed that step. If you have already completed a step, you can skip it. Go ahead and start by clicking on the step where you would like to start.
You can go through the steps at your own pace. If you need help at any step, go to the Help page to find out where you can get support with your application.
Steps in the application process
- Gather information to contact the Department of Social Development
- Contact the Department of Social Development
- Arrange appointment to complete the application package
- Complete application package and provide required documentation
- Apply to be certified as Blind, Deaf, or Disabled
- Have you gathered the information you will need to contact the Department of Social Development?
- Have you contacted Department of Social Development?
- Have you scheduled an appointment to complete the application package?
- Have you completed the application package and provided all required documentation?
- Have you applied to be certified as Blind, Deaf, or Disabled?
- Have you been approved for Income Assistance and to be certified as Blind, Deaf, or Disabled?
opens in new window